Non-filer Make It Right With The Irs-dnf商人吧

Finance If you’re guilty of not filing your taxes for a few years already, you are probably experiencing some trouble with the IRS right now. You may have been getting notices imploring you to settle your taxes. Penalties, fines and even jail time are only few of the consequences of a delinquent tax payer. Therefore, before matters get worse, it is best that you set things right. At first, you may become anxious because apparently, you have broken the law. The fact is, you’re basically putting yourself in danger with the IRS. The fact is that no matter how gloomy you think things are, one of the first courses of action is to file all tax returns which you have not yet filed. You need to do this no matter what you think about your present capacity to pay past dues, penalties and interest rates that have been incurred since that time. If you are lucky, you may even be entitled to a refund and for this, penalties will not be incurred. Note that not immediately filing your tax return will make you lose the right to that benefit. Consequences for not filing your tax returns vary depending on your specific situation. If you are a non-filer, setting your records straight will not only get you back in your financial track, it will also implore the IRS to stop enforcing penalties on you. This may come as a surprise but many people who are non-filers do not even have tax dues. They simply chose not to file because they did not have the time and knowledge on this tax obligation. Now, they are facing a big IRS problem. When you’ve come to terms with the fact that there is a need for you to file your taxes, it’s always best to seek assistance from a tax professional. He/She will be able to correctly file your taxes and assist you in facing the IRS should any new troubles surface. His/Her experience in the field would be of great help to you too. What documents should be brought to your meeting with the tax professional? Everything. Just to be sure, bring as much information as you can and it will be the tax professional’s job to identify which are useful and which are not. Your W-2 forms, any 1099’s, receipts and other supporting documents for expenses, social security numbers for anyone you are claiming as dependent and a copy of the last tax return that you filed with the IRS are some of these requirements. Just be certain that all these pieces of information are available to your tax accountant. The more information they can refer to, the more they will have to work with when trying to reconcile your tax record. The two major advantages of filing your past tax returns as soon as possible deal with refunds and Social Security. A refund may be received only if you have filed for the corresponding taxes within a three-year period. Beyond this, your right to getting the refund will be forfeited. Basically, this means that you are throwing away your money. If you are self-employed, not filing your tax returns would result to not getting tax credits that can be useful in your Social Security retirement and disability benefits. The IRS will have no record of your taxes so they can’t report your income to the Social Security, thus, you won’t be given tax credit. About the Author: Darrin T. Mish ( is a Nationally recognized Attorney whose practice focuses on representing clients across the United States with IRS Problems. He is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbel and is a member of the American Society of IRS Problem Solvers and the Tax Freedom Institute. He has been honored by a listing in Martindale-Hubbel’s Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers. His passion is providing IRS help to taxpayers with both individual and payroll tax problems. He teaches attorneys, CPAs and Enrolled Agents in the finer aspects of IRS representation all around the United States. He can be reached at his website at Article Published On: ..articlesnatch.. – Finance 相关的主题文章: